The Nissan Kicks made its debut last year to much fanfare, winning the hearts of North New Jersey area drivers and automotive critics alike who gave this all-new crossover prestigious accolades like Top Safety Pick, Best Value and Compact SUV of Texas. So why mess with perfection?
There are no changes made to the 2019 Nissan Kicks compared to the previous year’s model, which combines a fun Brazilian-inspired design with 3 trim choices (S, SV & SR) and a suite of amazing standard & available features such as:
- Heated front seats, rear seats & steering wheel
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto compatibility for integrating smartphones
- 3 USB ports for charging mobile devices
- Siri Eyes Free
- A number of customizable color options for certain interior & exterior accents
And the result? Even more award wins than last year! Here are details about all of the honors that the 2019 Nissan Kicks has received.
1. Best New Subcompact of 2019 (Good Housekeeping)
Teaming up with Car and Driver, Good Housekeeping has a team of experts that test drove new vehicles for more than 5,000 miles on city roads, highways & tracks in order to pick out the best ones based on the following qualifications:
The 2019 Nissan Kicks was named the Best New Subcompact based on its exceptional fuel economy (up to an EPA-estimated 36 mpg highway & 31 mpg city), smooth ride and suite of standard safety features & extras you wouldn’t normally expect. Good Housekeeping outright named the 7″ touchscreen infotainment system, automatic emergency braking, forward collision warning & the 32.3 cubic feet of cargo space as the main highlights.
2. Top Safety Pick (IIHS)
Just like in 2018, the Nissan Kicks was named an IIHS Top Safety Pick for 2019 based on the following collision test ratings:
- Good in the driver-side small overlap front test
- Good in the moderate overlap front test
- Good in the side impact test
- Good in the roof strength test
- Good in the head restraint test
- Superior rating in the front crash prevention test
To help minimize injury in the event of a car accident, every 2019 Nissan Kicks at our dealership serving Paramus NJ comes standard with 7 airbags including one for the driver’s knees, a LATCH child seat safety system that got a Good rating for ease of use by the IIHS, side-door guard beams, buckling creases & safety stops for the hood and more.
3. 10 Best Interiors (WardsAuto)
The 2019 Nissan Kicks received a spot on the Ward’s 10 Best Interiors list at the New York International Auto in NYC this past January based on how well this crossover impressed judges who evaluated 32 vehicles with new or significantly redesigned interiors.
The 8 editors at WardsAuto cited the following reasons why this crossover kicked it up a notch compared to the competition:
- Optimal cargo space & passenger room featuring best-in-class 43.7″ of front seat legroom
- High-quality stitching & soft surfaces on the instrument panel that’s “befitting a more expensive vehicle”
- Bose Personal Plus Audio System with driver’s headrest-mounted speakers
- Intelligent Around View Monitor
4. Editors’ Choice Award (Car and Driver)
In addition to their partnership with Good Housekeeping, Car and Driver also gives out several accolades including the Editors’ Choice Award that’s given out based on the following qualifications:
- Buyer’s Guide in-depth testing
- Vehicle performance on a test track
- Overall desirability
The editors chose the 2019 Nissan Kicks for the Subcompact Crossovers and SUVs category because of its fuel economy numbers we mentioned above, the cargo space available and the styling that was described by them as being “cheeky”, all reasons it’s so popular at our dealership serving Hawthorne NJ.
5. Best Economic Performance (Automotive Science Group)
Last but not least comes the Kick’s most recent award win: the Best Economic Performance award in the Compact Crossover segment. That’s because it maintains a 36% lower cost of ownership when considering purchase & operating costs across the first 6.5 years of its lifecycle compared to the other 100 model variants in its class.
The 2019 Nissan Kicks is here at Ramsey Nissan located just minutes from the Bergen County NJ & Rockland County NY border on Route 17, so contact our team today to learn more about this award-winning vehicle or to schedule your test drive!