The big theme of the Nissan Rogue Sport is safety. There was a mid-year update for the 2018 edition, dubbed the 2018.5, that gave crash-prevention features such as automatic emergency braking, blind spot warning, rear cross traffic alert & intelligent cruise control.
The 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport adds even more sought-after features in all 3 trims, comprised of the S, SV and SL. There are also some amazing returning amenities including:
- 141-hp 2.0L 4-cylinder engine with Eco Mode switch & Xtronic transmission
- NissanConnect with Navigation & NissanConnect Services powered by SiriusXM
- Divide-N-Hide cargo system to give you rear cargo stowing versatility
- Intelligent Around View Monitor for a 360-degree view of your surroundings
But there are several new technologies offered for the 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport that help provide even more safety like its bigger brother the Rogue, along with some updated technologies for your comfort and entertainment. Let’s take a look at what’s new for this SUV.
New Nissan Rogue Sport Safety Features
The most innovative technology offered in the 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport is Nissan ProPILOT Assist. Coming standard in the SL trim, this upgrade gives you the experience of a self-driving car by automatically steering, braking and accelerating in a single lane of highway traffic on roads like the NJ Turnpike, Garden State Parkway, Palisades Parkway and Routes 46, 80 & 287 without you needing to touch the pedals or steering wheel.
Select new Rogue Sport models at our dealership serving Hasbrouck Heights NJ come equipped with Nissan Safety Shield 360 that’s designed to let you monitor every side of your SUV and intervene if you’re about to get into an accident. The amenities offered in this bundle are comprised of:
- Automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Rear automatic braking to intervene when you’re about to hit an object, pedestrian or animal while going in reverse
- Lane departure warning
- Blind spot warning
- Rear cross traffic alert
- High beam assist to switch to your low beams as a car is approaching on the opposite side of the road to not blind them as you drive
Other 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport Updates
Every 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport at our dealership serving Paramus NJ now comes with rear door alert. Introduced last year, this innovation will chime when you left something in the backseat after you’ve arrived to your destination so you won’t accidentally leave important things in your SUV every again.
There’s also an update made to the audio system to give you Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in order to more easily integrate your smartphone to your vehicle. You can choose from 4-speaker or 6-speaker configurations, as well as the new-for-2019 Bose premium audio system with 9 speakers.
A couple of the available feature bundles have also been revised. The Nissan Rogue Sport SL Premium Package now offers a power sliding glass moonroof with 1-touch open/close & a tilt feature, LED headlights and an auto-dimming rearview mirror that integrates a Homelink universal garage opener.
The Nissan Rogue Sport SV Technology Package now contains some amenities we spoke about already such as Nissan ProPILOT Assist, NissanConnect Services and the Intelligent Around View Monitor. Other contents of this revamped bundle include:
- Nissan Door to Door Navigation with Premium Traffic & 3 free months of SiriusXM Traffic/Travel Link
- Remote engine start system with intelligent climate control
- Quick Comfort® heated front seats
- Leather-wrapped heated steering wheel & shift knob
- Heated outside mirrors
- Fog lights
The 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport is available at our Bergen County NJ dealership location in 6 exterior colors including the new-for-2019 Scarlet Ember Tintcoat. And this model has earned 2019 Consumer Guide Automotive Best Buy Award because of how it condenses the award-winning traits of the Rogue in a more compact package.
Contact Ramsey Nissan today to learn more about this award-winning SUV and to schedule your Nissan Rogue Sport test drive!