Since 2010, the Nissan LEAF has been the standard bearer for electric cars. Now it’s time for the next generation of zero-emission vehicles!
The redesigned 2018 Nissan LEAF has been revealed and now contains loads more innovative technology than ever! This vehicle will turn heads around the Bergen County NJ area and help you create a greener carbon footprint while saving money.
Let’s start with the updated features you can get, This new e-powertrain’s 40-kWh lithium-ion battery pack allows for an all-electric driving range of up to 150 miles, an increase of 43 miles compared to the previous generation. The quick charging feature lets you fill up the battery from alert to 80% in just 40 minutes, so you can hit the road.
The EM57 electric motor ups the power as well to 147 hp and 236 lb/ft of torque, which are respective increases of 38% and 26%. One innovation to make the 2018 Nissan LEAF driving experience even simpler & more enjoyable is the e-Pedal, which allows you to speed up, slow down & stop the vehicle simply by using the accelerator.
Also adding to the relaxing ride you can get is the ProPILOT Assist, which is a driving assistance system that automatically controls the distance between the 2018 LEAF and the vehicle in front of you using a speed preset by you between 20 & 90 mph. This tech is the next step towards a self-driving car by allowing it to keep the vehicle centered in its lane and even help you steer.
Some of Nissan’s most popular accident-prevention technologies also debut for the 2018 Nissan LEAF. Among them are:
- Intelligent Lane Intervention
- Lane Departure Warning
- Intelligent Emergency Braking
- Blind Spot Warning
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Around View Monitor with moving object detection
Other performance enhancements made to the LEAF comprise of a more stable chassis, smoother turning capability, reduced vibration & more linear steering capability.
From the first time you look at the 2018 Nissan LEAF, you’ll love its updated appearance. Inspired by the IDS Concept car, this electric vehicle gives us futuristic exterior design cues including:
- Signature V-Motion grille with clear-blue 3D mesh pattern inside
- Boomerang projector-beam headlights with dual direct-lens low & high beams
- Floating roofline
- Sporty spoiler integrated in the window graphics
That same futuristic theme can be seen inside this zero-emissions car. For starters, there’s a 7″ full-color display in the center of the dashboard where you can see the vehicle’s power gauge, state-of-charge, Safety Shield tech data and audio & navigation system information. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are also included for seamless smartphone integration.
Besides that large touchscreen, other interior design enhancements that you can see include:
- High-quality matte chrome finish on the center display & leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Redesigned driver info display behind the steering wheel
- Vibrant blue ignition button, shift knob and stitching in the seats, door trim, armrest & steering wheel
- Matte & glossy black finishes on the AC control panel & vent grille
- Dual cupholders between the front seats
- Center console storage area with a 12-volt power outlet & USB port inside
Ramsey Nissan will have the 2018 Nissan LEAF available for North New Jersey drivers in 8 exterior colors, including a 2-tone white/black option, with an all-black or gray interior. You can learn more about this 2nd-gen electric vehicle by contacting our team today!